CIFAR GLOBAL CALL FOR IDEAS
The Canadian Institute for Advanced Research invites the global research community
to submit proposals for new programs that address complex, fundamental questions of
importance to the world. Ideas must be novel, bold, and potentially transformative to warrant
the creation of a sustained, interdisciplinary, and collaborative research program.
Deadline for Letter of Intent submissions: January 21, 2018
OVERVIEW OF CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
A successful Letter of Intent (LOI) must satisfy the following criteria to qualify for
consideration for Stage II of the Global Call. The proposed program must:
1) Align with CIFAR’s overall mission.
- The LOI must outline a novel idea that addresses a complex research question of global
importance and with the potential for impact.
- The LOI must articulate how an interdisciplinary approach with international engagement
is needed to address this question.
- The LOI must clearly describe how CIFAR’s model of supporting international engagement
over a sustained period of time will add value to the pursuit of the identified research
challenge or question.
2) Highlight an exceptional core research team and leadership.
- The proposed team should consist of researchers who are among the best in their fields
- LOIs must identify up to seven core team members, including two suggested program Co-
- The proposed team must be international, interdisciplinary, and diverse. The founding team
must include at least one member based at a Canadian institution.
For more details : https://www.cifar.ca/wp-content/uploads/GlobalCall_LOI.pdf