Fritz Thyssen Foundation
Support of projects by the Fritz Thyssen Foundation focuses on scholars in the humanities, social science and biomedicine fields.
The planned project should be limited in terms of the subject and time.
An application can be filed in the following areas of support:
- History, Language & Culture
- The interdisciplinary field "Image–Sound–Language"
- State, Economy and Society
- Medicine and the Natural Sciences
Interdisciplinary projects are also welcomed by the foundation.
Funding is basically reserved for projects that are related to the promotion areas of the Foundation and have a clear connection to the German research system. This connection can be established either at a personal level through German scientists working on the project, at an institutional level through non-German scientists being affiliated to German research institutes or through studies on topics related thematically to German research interests.
DEADLINES FOR APPLICATIONS
Project applications can be submitted until
- 15 February 2018 for the summer meeting of the foundation committees
- 15 September 2018 for the winter meeting of the foundation committees
The date stated on the postal stamp applies.
Please note that due to the high number of applications, it may take a few days until you receive an acknowledgement of receipt.