INTERNATIONAL PEACE RESEARCH ASSOCIATION
The IPRA Foundation is proud that it receives so many superb peace research proposals from scholars around the world and it brings us great sadness that we are only able to fund a very small number of them. Because the quality of many proposals we receive is so very high, and because winning applicants take such care to follow all the instructions below, applications that fall short will not be considered.
In the year 2018, only two proposals per cycle will be funded.
There are two granting cycles per year as follows:
Cycle 1: Applications open January 1 – Deadline February 28 or 29
Cycle 2: Applications open July 1 – Deadline August 31
For details : http://iprafoundation.org/grants-info/
The IPRA Foundation invites proposals that are in line with our Mission, Vision and Core Values:
The mission of the IPRA Foundation is to advance the field of peace research through rigorous investigation into the causes of conflict and examination of alternatives to violence. Peace researchers inform peace activities that inspire visions of a peaceful world.
The vision of the IPRA Foundation is to:
- Inspire visions of a peaceful world
- Promote knowledge of non-violent peace strategies
- Increase the number of peace scholars around the world
- Encourage peace science and arts
- Further the purpose and activities of IPRA
Grow worldwide communication and collaboration among peace researchers
- Impactful and socially relevant research: We value original research, and peace activities informed by that research, that contributes to the world community and engages key stakeholders.
- Positive Peace: We value peace and justice by nonviolent means.
- Respect: We value respecting dignity, humanity, identity and diversity.
- Empowerment: We value research by people of and within the most vulnerable and marginalized areas of our world community.
For more details : http://iprafoundation.org/peace-research-grant-instructions/