The foundation aims to have an impact on and contribute to sustainable improvement and the benefit of society.
This is achieved by supporting the creation of new knowledge through cutting-edge research and the fostering of its application and dissemination.
The foundation attains leverage by focusing on projects with a high potential to initiate change and impact.
You have an innovative idea for a research project in one of our funding areas. You aim to create impact with your research results that transfer beyond the borders of a single discipline. You appreciate the aims of the foundation and want to foster its purpose. Then we might be the right partner for you and you should consider to apply with us.
Funding areas :
Daylight is a resource that is available as an almost infinite supply and – if we make sensible use of it – can help solve energy problems, be beneficial to health and even ease illnesses. The Velux Stiftung is keen to unlock the full potential that daylight offers.
The Velux Stiftung supports research that aims to maintain or increase the functional ability of older people. This includes basic as well as applied research in the fields of biology, medicine, psychology and neurosciences.
The Velux Stiftung’s goal to fund excellent research in ophthalmology is based on the fact that for many people eyesight is their most valued sense and helps us to enjoy independent lives. About 300 million people suffer from blindness or severe visual impairment.
- Project length: 1 – 4 years
- Height of request: approx. CHF 50’000 – CHF 100’000/yr., higher amounts possible depending on project goals
- The foundation does not cover overhead nor other indirect costs (see recommendation of the Association of Swiss Grant-making Foundations)
- Covered project costs: Research staff costs (salaries, doctoral students, teaching replacement) and associated research costs (consumables, equipment, conference and travel costs, publication costs etc.). Equipment costs may be included, but justification (function and necessity) for each item is needed. The foundation does not cover the costs of maternity/paternity leave or sick leave.
- Currency: use your local currency for the project budget
- The foundation welcomes international and interdisciplinary collaborations.
- The approved amount will be paid out to one of the parties which is responsible to compile the necessary reports.
- Next deadline:30 April 2019 for November 2019 / 30 September for March 2020
For more details : https://veluxstiftung.ch/applications/