About the Center
We place a focus on preclinical and clinical research on mental illnesses and sleep disorders. Our advanced academic research center draws researchers from across Israel and abroad, and exposes students to high-level research within the peripheral areas of Israel.
We use advanced research tools and technologies to offer a comprehensive center of knowledge, giving us the ability to explore issues related to schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, developmental disorders, attention disorders, sleep disorders, and more.
What We Do
- Promote innovation in the study of mental illnesses and sleep disorders.
- Collaborate with local medical institutions.
- Expose students to advanced preclinical and clinical research.
- Integrate the community into the various stages of research activity.
- Establish a strong foundation for applied research.
YVC and its Center for Psychobiological Research invest significant energy and resources in establishing and maintaining ongoing academic dialogues with colleagues outside of Israel. These academic interactions keep professors and students abreast of new developments, expand their horizons of inquiry, and encourage collaborative research and applied projects.
In addition to engaging in dozens of ongoing collaborations in the United States and Europe, YVC is a partner in the IRIS project, a European Union initiative aimed at fostering stronger ties between Israeli academic colleges and European academic institutions.
- Mental Illness: Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, developmental disorders and attention disorders
- Sleep Disorders: Sleep apnea and insomnia
With a wide and dedicated team of Israeli and international researchers, students, volunteers and workers, we hope to advance knowledge in the field and boost academic research in the peripheral areas of Israel. Please contact us about working together.